4 Large slices of smoked salmon
Pasta (around 100g -150g per person)
White wine (dry or medium)
Dill (dry dill seems to work better than fresh)
Small pot of cream
Salt and Pepper
Drizzle of olive oil
Paprika for dusting.
Before making the sauce, put the pasta in a pan to boil so that it’s ready once your sauce is.
To make the sauce:-
1. Chop up the shallots finely and fry lightly in a pan with some oil. Do not brown.
2. Pour in a small cup of white wine (around half a mug) into the pan with the shallots and leave to simmer on a very low heat until the white wine has reduced to around a quarter of the amount that you put in.
3. Pour in the cream and stir well until the shallots and wine have mixed well with the cream
4. Add the dill into the creamy mix. Around 1-2 table spoons should be enough and mix well then leave to simmer for around 5 mins.
5. Add salt and pepper to season.